Translate in your own language!

Tuesday 28 January 2014

My all-time favorite lunch dish

Today I will share one of my all-time favourite lunch recipes with you!

Last year I lived in Capetown, South Africa for quite some time. In this city the food culture is amazing, everything there is fresh and healthy. I didn't expect that to find in South Africa, at all.. but many city's can learn from them.
Over there I had my favourite lunch hot-spots, like Skinny Legs & all (www.skinnylegsandall.co.za) for breakfast and lunch, Hudsons (www.hudsons.co.za) for the best burgers in town, for breakfast you had to visit Knead (www.knead.co.za) and I can go on for ever and ever! This recipe is inspired on a dish they sold in a tiny little vegan take-away restaurant which I don't even know the name of.. shame on me!


Ingredients:
2 parsnips in pieces
A big chunk of diced butternut
1 cooked beetroot
4 spoons of corn
1 red onion, roughly chopped
mixed lettuce with rocket
hummus (preferably homemade)
pesto genovese (preferably homemade)
2 spoons of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

To make this dish, preheat an oven on 225 degrees (Celsius). Prepare a baking dish with baking powder and arrange the veggies on it. sprinkle some olive oil, salt, pepper and the balsamic vinegar on top. Roast the vegetables in the oven until cooked and golden brown. Grab a bowl and fill it with a big handful of lettuce, arrange the vegetables on top and serve with a big spoon of hummus and a tablespoon of pesto on top.

Bon Appetit!

Tip: You can change the vegetables as you like, for example I also love to use sweet potato, red bell pepper and cooked green beans for this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment