Translate in your own language!

Wednesday 29 January 2014

The most important meal of the day

After all my preparation time the last few weeks,  my Blog went finally online yesterday. It was amazing to see the responses and I'm happy you like it so far. If you do have any questions please do ask, also for tips you can always email me (hungryforhealthyfood@gmail.com) or contact me on Facebook.

Because I'm a full time model one of the first responses on my blog was; "I'll keep an eye on your blog for tips & tricks because I want to lose some weight". Of course, the holiday season is over and we all have eaten a bit too much ;-) For me, personally, it's always about going back on track. Stop eating the junk and start clean eating again. After all the junk food, sugars and processed carbs it's important to eliminate them out of your diet straight away.

For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I absolutely love having breakfast and it's the first thing I think off when waking up. With a good breakfast you will feel satisfied and less snacks throughout the day. My breakfast always contains fruit and some form of protein.

Recently I discovered quinoa Pops, a low calorie gluten free grain which I turned into the most delicious healthy granola ever!

Ingredients:

1 cup of quinoa pops (just fill a coffee mug)
1/2 a cup of kasha (roasted buckwheat)
a teaspoon of cinnamon
1,5 table spoon of coconut oil
2 spoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla aroma
a handful of mixed nuts and seeds, I love pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds and pecans.
a handful of raisins and goji berries

To make the granola preheat an oven on 180 degrees (Celsius). Grab a big pan and start to heat the oil and maple syrup, when it's all liquid you can add the cinnamon and vanilla. Now you can add the quinoa pops, kasha and nuts. Bake the granola for about 3-5 minutes and keep on stirring. If the mixture is to wet stir in some more quinoa pops, when it's a bit to dry stir in a bit more maple syrup. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and put it 10 more minutes in the oven. Let it cool down a bit and sprinkle some of the mixture in your morning bowl with soy yogurt and fresh fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment