Translate in your own language!

Monday 7 April 2014

Sunny Spinach Side Salad

Gooodevening all!! 

Tonight I felt horrible, yup still sick. After being to the doctor now for the 4th time, they finally find out I have an inflammation.. Something wrong with my kidney so I am getting a full check on Wednesday and antibiotics for now. Yeah you hear that right, antibiotics.. something I reallllly hate to take. Well, I hate to take any kind of medications, even painkillers, but it also made me determined to start getting back on track. No more snacking and cheating, but eating healthy and only healthy until my body is back to normal. Yes I do eat healthy about 60% of the time, but the last few weeks I indulged way too much ;-) Anyway.. this evening I whipped up an amazing dinner, from all fresh ingredients I bought on the farmers market. I roasted a turkey thigh in the oven.. amaaaaazing! I'm so sorry my boyfriend butchered the turkey before I was able to make the picture hahha he loved it! With the turkey I served roasted sweet potato and this loaded superfood salad.


Ingredients

Spinach leaves (washed)
a box of cherry tomatoes
1/2 box of raspberries (fresh)
1 zucchini
old goat cheese (hard)
2 tbsp of pine nuts
half a red onion, chopped
some sun dried tomatoes
raspberry vinaigrette
hazelnut or walnut oil

Get a grill pan on high heat and sprinkle the zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper and then grill until they have a beautiful brown stripe and are caramelised. Get a big bowl and start with shredding your spinach a bit, so the leaves are not huge. That doesn't eat very pleasant ;-) Now add the tomatoes, you can slice them up however you like. Roast the pine nuts in a dry pan and in the  meanwhile add all the other ingredients in the bowl. Finish with pine nuts and grated goat cheese and serve with the vinaigrette and oil. Amazingly delicious!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment