Translate in your own language!

Tuesday 27 May 2014

A Moroccan feast meal - Eggplant Glory

My first vegetarian meal after the cleanse. 

Damn, what should I prepare? I actually really craved some roasted chicken but that wasn't an option, obviously.. because I need to eat vegan for at least 2 days. And then I noticed these organic sweet potato, chickpea falafel in my grocery store. No added junk, just sweet potato, chickpeas and spices!  Hmmm but what could I create with these yummy balls? I decided to make a Moroccan feast meal, I roasted some eggplants and served it with the most yummy tahini dressing ever and pomegranate. My boyfriend had it served with some wholewheat couscous and feta cheese over the eggplant (cheese I miss you!! <3). 


Doesn't really looks awful to eat right? Detox dinners don't have to be boring ;-)

Ingredients
For 2 persons

1 package sweet potato falafel
2 eggplants
pomegrenate
handful of rocket/lettuce
olive oil
salt & pepper
(optional feta and quinoa/couscous)

for the dressing
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp lemon
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
2 garlic cloves, minced

If you want to make this recipe and not doing any detox or lose weight, I would recommand serving it with quinoa or couscous and some crumbled feta on top of the eggplant ;-)

Heat the oven on 200 degrees Celsius with rack in middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the eggplant in halves, flesh-side up and with the tip of a sharp knife, score the flesh. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Roast the eggplant until soft and browned, about 35-40 minutes.

While the eggplant is roasting prepare the dressing, simply mix all the ingredients until a smooth sauce.

The last 7 minutes add the falafel on the baking sheet next to the eggplant.

Remove eggplant from oven and sprinkle with some salt flakes. Transfer to serving plates, layer the eggplant on a bed of lettuce, drizzle the most delicious yummy tahini dressing on top, the pomegranate and maybe some feta and serve it with the falafel (and maybe your couscous or quinoa).

Incredibly yummy!!!

xoxo


ps. Save the left over tahini dressing in a jar, a wonderful dressing for lots of salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment