Translate in your own language!

Saturday 1 March 2014

Easy Sunday Fritatta

Hey guys, It's Sunday again. That asks for a healthy, easy recipe as I always promise you on Sundays. This time it's not a snack, dessert, breakfast but a wonderful Fritatta for lunch or dinner. It's perfect when you have any vegetables left, in this case roasted vegetables are great. I like to roast a big plate full of vegetables during the week so I have some veggies in my fridge whenever I need it. One of my favourite flavour combination is butternut, sweet potato, red onion and corn. But basically I've done this as well with green peas, broccoli and green beans. Don't have any leftover vegetables? Cook or roast some ;-) But if I can give you a tip, just cook/roast a bit more for dinner than you actually need. You can turn leftovers in the most amazing dishes! 

But for now, back to my Easy Sunday Fritatta

Ingredients
A bowl of leftover roasted vegetables
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
fresh basil
soft goat cheese

Now what? Pre heat an oven on 180 degrees. Mix the eggs until combined and season with salt and pepper. Pour some oil in a stir fry pan (that's suitable for the oven) and fry the vegetables for just a bit, than add the eggs and on top the goat cheese, crumbled feta is also a great substitute when your not a fan off goat cheese). Let it cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat so the bottom of the fritatta is getting browned. Than the oven is going to do the rest of the work for you, again about 5-8 minutes just keep an eye on it! In this time, I suggest you to make a lovely easy side salad. For example some rocket, cucumber, tomatoes and radish and drizzle with balsamic. Serve the fritatta with a slice of bread and the salad. 

You can't get it any easier ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment