Translate in your own language!

Friday 28 March 2014

My version on a healthy Kofta

Kofta is a worldwide meat dish, there are variations in Turkey, Middle-East, Greece and I will introduce you my style of Kofta. Kofta literally means meatball, and that doesn't sound that sexy right?

Although I don't eat meat a lot, not because I don't want to, I just don't like it that much. I love fish, every kind of fish and I do eat chicken at least once a week. But my boyfriend looooves meat, so we make compromises, I eat red meat once a week and he eats vegetarian once a week ;-) I do believe it's the most healthiest way as well. Vegetarian meals, 2 times fish (from which one is a fat fish like salmon or mackerel), chicken (most likely twice a week as well) and once a week some red meat.

I already introduced you to the real deal burger, well if you did enjoy that recipe you will definitely like this dish!

Ingredients
For about 4 persons

For the beef mixture
350g organic minced beef
1tbsp almond meal
1 organic egg
1 small tin tomato puree
1tbsp maple syrup
1tbsp cinnamon
1tbsp oregano
1tbsp sweet pepper powder
100g feta cheese (the real feta cheese, not the cheap disgusting cow's milk variation haha)
salt & pepper

The sauce
1 red onion
2 courgettes, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 garlic gloves
1tbsp cinnamon
1tbsp oregano
400g tomatoes diced (tin)
half of the tin of the tomatoes filled with water
salt & pepper

Mix all the ingredients for the beef in a bowl and make small little meat balls, heat some oil in a pan and fried the meatballs until browned. They don't have to be cooked all the way, they will later on in the sauce. When the meatballs have the right colour, get them out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan you will make the sauce. Start frying the onion, than add the garlic, spiced and stir for 2 minutes. Now add the vegetables and fried until everything is browned, now add the tomatoes and the water, salt and pepper and add the vegetables. Cover the pan with a lit and let it simmer away for about 15 minutes. Serve with a fresh cucumber salad with yogurt dressing and cooked quinoa.

Nutritional information approx. 550 calories a person.


No comments:

Post a Comment