Translate in your own language!

Thursday 20 March 2014

Just an ordinary day, including 2 recipes!

This week I visited my sister with her new little little baby and my adorable 2 year old niece. She is just toooo cute and my little nephew is definitely one of the prettiest baby boy's I've ever seen. We went to a little farm with a big playing field so we could cuddle some animals and play around while drinking organic juices in the sun. Not that bad right? 

My sister told me she finds it really hard to eat healthy walking around with a baby boy and a 2 year old girl that is demanding a lot of attention (and then I mean a loooooooot). So I'm trying to give her as much tips as possible to be and stay healthy. Thats why I'm going to make her "a week schedule in food" so she has some inspiration and something to hold on to. To show her how easy it can be I whipped up a delicious salad for the two of us and a wonderful treat for my niece. 

Ingredients
for 2 persons

4 hands of lettuce
1/2 avocado
chickpeas
almonds, roughly chopped
goat cheese, soft
cucumber
cherry tomatoes
cooked beetroot

dressing: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt & pepper

Simply chop up all the ingredients, arrange on a plate and drizzle with the dressing. Yup that easy ;-) 

And than, my little niece was begging me to bake pancakes for her, so of course I couldn't resist (and pssst look at her cute knife ;-))

Now you are probably thinking, pancakes? That's not healthy! Well these are. 

Ingredients (prepare for the long list)
1 banana
cinnamon
1 egg
a swirl of milk of choice

Yup, that's it. Incredibly healthy, easy and damn delicious! Just mash 1 banana, add a teaspoon of cinnamon a swirl of milk and 1 egg. Mix it all up until you have a kind of batter and fried in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Serve like it is, with extra cinnamon, yogurt, jam or whatever you are craving! 

Oh and can you believe it? My niece was eating 1 of the 2 pancakes and wanted to eat our salad as well.. haha amazing right! Well she eats everything, this is a picture of her eating home made sushi the other day.. I mean.. home made sushi, for a 2 year old!!! (Not with raw fish for her though, not good for kids that young)





No comments:

Post a Comment