Translate in your own language!

Sunday 23 February 2014

A healthy bounty? Yes, pleaaaase!


I mean, seriously, look at them.... and than you didn't even taste them yet, oh my! This recipe was one of my best ideas in life until now hahaha. 

I'm so happy now I like chocolate, you have probably noticed that, because I keep on experimenting with it ;-) So I wanted to create something new, it was Sunday evening and I just cleaned out my entire kitchen. So happy to have an organised kitchen now, you can actually find every ingredient now in a blink of an eye. 
So back to my bounty's, I have seen some blogs about healthy snickers and nutella but that never interested me. I still don't like mars and twix and kitkats remember? BUT I love coconut, so I technically should like bounty's? I looked around in my kitchen and found what I needed, I had shredded coconut, coconut milk, cacao.. basically that should be enough for a healthy bounty I guessed. So I tried and tasted, tried and tasted a whole lot more and then voila: The healthy bounty was born, please do try! 

Ingredients
For the chocolate layer
2 tbsp of organic coconut oil
3 tbsp of raw cacao powder
2 tbsp of maple syrup 
1 heaping heaaaping tbsp coconut milk

for the filling
75 gram shredded coconut
3 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 soaked medjoul dates in hot water for 5 minutes

Mix the ingredients for the filling together in a food processor. Make little balls of the mixture and pop them in the freezer for half an hour to harden up. After 25 minutes waiting you can start on your chocolate coating. Heat the oil in a sauce pan and once liquid, add all the remaining ingredients. Stir well until you have a thick chocolate sauce. Dip the coconut filling balls in the mixture and cover well, transfer them to a plate where the excess chocolate can drip of and place them back in the freezer for 15 more minutes. Pop them 5 minutes out before eating, and now you can go to food heaven while die while eating them ;-)

BONUS!!!!

You thought that was it, right? Well.. I got a lot of sauce left, just like you have now, probably.  And sure you can spoon it out and eat it just like that. OR you can add some dried cranberry's or goji berries, mix in, transfer the sauce on a piece of in transparent clean film and press until thin. That's what I did. Pop this mixture in the freezer as well, and the best part is this just take about 10 minutes to harden up.  After those quick 10 minutes you have the most amazing kind of chocolate - ice cream mixture in the world. Seriously, one of the best bonuses you can get!!
(sorry I forgot to make a picture and the chocolate didn't survive to remain long outside of my belly)

No comments:

Post a Comment