Translate in your own language!

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Yummy porridge

Sometimes I wake up really really really hungry, you know the feeling? Well in that case I always choose for a Porridge recipe. It's comforting, smooth, creamy, delicious, very filling and has many health benefits as well. What more do you want on a hungry morning! 

I was looking in my fruit basket and in my fridge and thinking about a new combination, caramelised pears? Goji's? Raspberries? Sounds yummy right? Well no ordinary bowls today.. I created this delicious bowl and now you can try it out yourself! 

Yummy Raspberry & Caramelised Pear Porridge


Ingredients

For the porridge
1 heaping tablespoon of oats
1 heaping tablespoon of buckwheat flakes
1 heaping tablespoon of spelt flakes
Almond of Soy Milk
Vanilla aroma
(Of course you can also just use buckwheat or just oats as your porridge)

For the add-ins
half a cup of frozen raspberries
table spoon of goji berries
some chopped almonds and pecans
half a pear
cinnamon
coconut oil
maple syrup
optional: almond butter

In a small pot combine all the grains with 150ml water and bring to a boil with the lit on top, make sure you use low heat otherwise you overcook the oats easily. In another saucepan heat up half a teaspoon of coconut oil with a teaspoon of maple syrup (I overindulged a bit with the maple syrup ;-)) Add the pear in dices and bake with a sprinkle of cinnamon until the pear is browned and caramelised. Heat up the raspberries in the microwave and chop up your nuts in the meanwhile. Check the porridge once and a while as well, when the water is absorbed add some milk of choice, vanilla aroma, cinnamon and stir until everything is well combined. Pour the oats in a bowl and top off with the pear, raspberries, goji's and nuts (I love a big teaspoon of nut butter in my oats, so I added almond butter as well).



No comments:

Post a Comment