Translate in your own language!

Monday 17 February 2014

Going Green


Is it a hype or is it really full of health benefits? I'm talking about the green monsters, aka green smoothies. Slurping smoothies made with raw, leafy green vegetables has become more and more popular. But really, why should we drink these?

Because:

Green smoothies are good sources of minerals and vitamins and it's a good way to get more vegetables in your diet

Juicing VS smoothie: When juices are extracted, you get vitamins and minerals but no fibre. For smoothies the fibre stays in tact so it will keep you filled up for a while as well

Easy and quick to make, you only need a blender

Easy to digest

Low in calories and because they are so filling it could help you lose weight

While fresh is always the best choice, green smoothies will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, which can be handy at work and while travelling



I love to make a green monster when I have been over eating and indulging the day before. In this case my boyfriend made me eat about 15-20 pieces of sushi and I don't know how many side dishes ;-)! So in the morning I felt like I could use something healthy, fresh, low calorie and easy to digest.

My Version 
1 apple
1 big handful of spinach
150 ml yogurt
about a glass of water (first do a half when it doesn't blend all to well add more)
1 tablespoon of goji berries
1 tablespoon of maca powder (super food which you don't have to use when you don't have)
1 tablespoon of protein powder 
1 drop of stevia

Blend and enjoy! 

Tip: Always use 2 sorts of fruits and 1 portion of green raw vegetables. 




No comments:

Post a Comment